from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cultivation of land.
- n. Land that has been tilled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the cultivation of arable land by plowing, sowing and raising crops
- n. land that has been so cultivated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The operation, practice, or art of tilling or preparing land for seed, and keeping the ground in a proper state for the growth of crops.
- n. A place tilled or cultivated; cultivated land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The operation, practice, or art of tilling land, or preparing it for seed, and keeping the ground free from weeds which might impede the growth of crops; cultivation; culture; husbandry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cultivation of soil for raising crops
- n. arable land that is worked by plowing and sowing and raising crops
Sorry, no etymologies found.