from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Performance or management of household tasks.
- n. Management and maintenance of the property and equipment of an institution or organization.
- n. Routine tasks and procedures carried out in the functioning of an operation or system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chores of maintaining a house as a residence, especially cleaning.
- n. Any general tasks that involve preparation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of occupying a dwelling house as a householder.
- n. Care of domestic concerns; management of a house and home affairs.
- n. Hospitality; a liberal and hospitable table; a supply of provisions.
- adj. Domestic; used in a family.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The management of home affairs; care of domestic concerns.
- n. Supply of provisions for household use.
- n. Hospitality.
- Domestic; used in a family: as, housekeeping commodities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the work of cleaning and running a house
Sorry, no etymologies found.