from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The function or duties of a housewife; housekeeping.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being a housewife
- n. Skills as a housewife or homemaker
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The business of the mistress of a family; female management of domestic concerns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The business of the mistress of a household; the woman's part in the economy of a family; female management of domestic concerns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the work of a housewife
housewife + -ry (Wiktionary)