from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The trade of cutting and joining timber in order to construct buildings or other structures; woodworking
- n. A carpenter's workshop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of cutting, framing, and joining timber, as in the construction of buildings.
- n. An assemblage of pieces of timber connected by being framed together, as the pieces of a roof, floor, etc.; work done by a carpenter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of cutting, framing, and joining the timbers or woodwork of buildings and similar constructions by means of hand-tools.
- n. Carpenters' work; any work of the kind done by carpenters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the craft of a carpenter: making things out of wood
Sorry, no etymologies found.