from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Support of or adherence to the principle of rule by a monarch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Impassioned allegiance to or advocacy of the establishment, maintenance, and/or interests of a particular king, royal house, or kingly dynasty; sometimes extended to the same of a non-royal (i.e., grand ducal, imperial, or other) family or sovereign; often contrasted with monarchism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the principles or conduct of royalists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The principles or cause of royalty; attachment to a royal government or cause.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. adherence or attachment to a monarchy or to the principle of monarchal government
Royal + -ism. (Wiktionary)