from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The advocacy of a republic as a means of government
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A republican form or system of government; the principles or theory of republican government.
- n. Attachment to, or political sympathy for, a republican form of government.
- n. The principles and policy of the Republican party, so called.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A republican form or system of government.
- n. Attachment to a republican form of government; republican principles: as, his republicanism was of the most advanced type.
- n. The principles or doctrine of the Republican party, specifically of the Republican party in the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the political orientation of those who hold that a republic is the best form of government
Sorry, no etymologies found.