from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Concentration of power and authority in a central organization, as in a political system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A system that centralizes, especially an administration of some kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or condition of being central; the combination of several parts into one whole; centralization.
- n. The system by which power is centralized, as in a government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Centralizing tendency or tendencies; the principle of centralization, especially in regard to political and governmental influence and control.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the political policy of concentrating power in a central organization
Sorry, no etymologies found.