from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Government in which power is distributed and limited by a system of laws that must be obeyed by the rulers.
- n. A constitutional system of government.
- n. Advocacy of such a system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Philosophical belief in government under a written constitution.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The theory, principles, or authority of constitutional government; attachment or adherence to a constitution or constitutional government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The theory or principle of a constitution or of constitutional government; constitutional rule or authority; constitutional principles.
- n. Adherence to the principles of constitutional government.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a constitutional system of government (usually with a written constitution)
- n. advocacy of a system of government according to constitutional principles
Sorry, no etymologies found.