from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rickety, worn-out vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Mechanically unreliable or in disrepair.
- n. A mechanical device, particularly an automobile, that is worn out, run down, or mechanically unreliable as indicated by noises it makes in operation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any machine or vehicle that does not run smoothly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shaky, rattling object; especially, a rattling, rickety vehicle; in the plural, objects clattering or rattling against each other.
From rattle + trap. (Wiktionary)