from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cultivation of flowering and ornamental plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The farming of flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The cultivation of flowering plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cultivation of flowers or of flowering plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cultivation of flowering plants
Latin flōs, flōr-, flower; see flower + culture.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)