from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music See lyricist.
- n. Music One who plays a lyre.
- n. A lyric poet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who plays the lyre.
- n. lyricist
- n. A lyrical poet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A musician who plays on the harp or lyre; a composer of lyrical poetry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A performer on the lyre; a composer, singer, or reciter of lyrics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who writes the words for songs
Latin lyristēs, lyre player, from Greek luristēs, from lura, lyre.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
lyre + -ist (Wiktionary)