from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Conservation, especially of natural resources.
- n. An organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and wildlife habitats in the United States.
- n. Chiefly British A commission supervising fisheries and navigation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The conservation of a resource
- n. An organization dedicated to the conservation of natural resources
- n. A commission that deals with fishery and navigation
- n. A state in which a company is allowed to continue trading without incurring any new financial liabilities or disposing of any assets
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Conservation, as from injury, defilement, or irregular use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of preserving; conservation; preservation: as, the conservancy of forests.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commission with jurisdiction over fisheries and navigation in a port or river
- n. the official conservation of trees and soil and rivers etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The conservancy is a nonprofit based in Cold Spring, N.Y., and the tours, which drew more than 75,000 people last year, are its largest fund-raiser.
Water shortages may also occur in the Tapakuma conservancy, which is partly supplied by pumping from the Pomeroon river.
The conservancy is a little bit smaller than Rhode Island; about 3,200 people live within its boundaries.
The conservancy is a nonprofit group that helps maintain the park.
The conservancy is a volunteer organization dedicated to the creation of the Willow Waterhole Greenway Project, which is part of the flood control district's Project Brays.
Chuck Skypeck, co-owner of Ghost River, said teaming with the conservancy is a no-brainer because beer is 90 percent water, and the brewery's ability to craft good beer relies directly on Wolf River water the conservancy is helping sustain.
The conservancy is a land trust that seeks permanent protection of forest, agricultural, riparian and scenic lands in the Rogue Basin and surrounding areas.
The area we were in was a "conservancy", around 150 square kilometres of bushland managed by the locals.
A percentage of sales will support the nature conservancy.
Friends of the High Line is the conservancy charged with raising private funds for the park and overseeing its maintenance and operations, pursuant to an agreement with the Parks Department.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.