from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Conservation, especially of natural resources.
- n. An organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and wildlife habitats in the United States.
- n. Chiefly British A commission supervising fisheries and navigation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The conservation of a resource
- n. An organization dedicated to the conservation of natural resources
- n. A commission that deals with fishery and navigation
- n. A state in which a company is allowed to continue trading without incurring any new financial liabilities or disposing of any assets
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Conservation, as from injury, defilement, or irregular use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of preserving; conservation; preservation: as, the conservancy of forests.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commission with jurisdiction over fisheries and navigation in a port or river
- n. the official conservation of trees and soil and rivers etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.