from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A can or barrel for refuse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bin for holding rubbish until it can be collected; a garbage can.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a bin that holds rubbish until it is collected.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A covered receptacle for the accumulated dust, ashes, and rubbish of a dwelling, usually placed in a cellar or in a yard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bin that holds rubbish until it is collected
dust + bin (Wiktionary)