from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of soaking.
- n. The condition of being soaked.
- n. The amount of liquid that soaks into, through, or out of an object.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of soaking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of soaking, or the state of being soaked; also, the quantity that enters or issues by soaking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of soaking; also, that which soaks; the amount of fluid absorbed by soaking.
- n. A slough; a soak.
- n. The residual charge of a cable or condenser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid)
soak + -age (Wiktionary)