from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short-handled pan or scoop into which dust is swept.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A flat scoop with a short handle, into which dust is conveyed with a brush or broom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shovel-like utensil with a short handle used for conveying away dust brushed from the floor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A utensil for collecting and removing dust brushed from the floor, furniture, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quantity that a dustpan will hold
- n. a short-handled receptacle into which dust can be swept
Sorry, no etymologies found.