from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A comb with plastic or rubber teeth, used for grooming horses.
- transitive v. To groom with a currycomb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A comb or brush, having rubber or plastic teeth, used to groom horses
- v. To groom using such a comb
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of card or comb having rows of metallic teeth or serrated ridges, used in currying a horse.
- transitive v. To comb with a currycomb.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A comb used in grooming horses.
- n. In entomology, a name sometimes given to the strigilis, or organ on the front leg of a bee, used to clean the antennæ. See strigilis.
- To curry, as a horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a square comb with rows of small teeth; used to curry horses
- v. clean (a horse) with a currycomb
Sorry, no etymologies found.