from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rhythmic dance performed to reggae or ska music, characterized by bending forward, raising the knees, and extending the hands.
- n. Disgusting or vulgar matter; filth.
- n. One who is disgustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous. Used especially of a woman or girl.
- intransitive v. To dance the skank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any substance considered particularly foul, unhygienic or unpleasant
- n. A lewdly unattractive and disreputable person, often female, especially one with an air of tawdry promiscuity.
- n. A dance performed to ska.
- v. To dance the skank
- n. The act of cheating a person through disloyal and selfish means with no shame to use deception in the process (most commonly to a known associate or friend).
- n. Referring to having insight or recognising a process to potentially being greatly non favourable to the (victim/) first person's benefit or interest.
- v. To cheat, especially a friend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dance the skank
- n. a rhythmic dance to reggae music performed by bending forward and extending the hands while bending the knees
- n. any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant
Of Jamaican origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of skeevy and rank. (Wiktionary)
Blend of scold and brank. Middle English- meaning frolicsome and often lascivious conduct. (Wiktionary)
Jamaican origin (Wiktionary)
Slang word used in Northern England U.K (commonly used through the 1980s). (Wiktionary)