from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rhythmic dance performed to reggae or ska music, characterized by bending forward, raising the knees, and extending the hands.
- n. Disgusting or vulgar matter; filth.
- n. One who is disgustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous. Used especially of a woman or girl.
- intransitive v. To dance the skank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any substance considered particularly foul, unhygienic or unpleasant
- n. A lewdly unattractive and disreputable person, often female, especially one with an air of tawdry promiscuity.
- n. A dance performed to ska.
- v. To dance the skank
- n. The act of cheating a person through disloyal and selfish means with no shame to use deception in the process (most commonly to a known associate or friend).
- n. Referring to having insight or recognising a process to potentially being greatly non favourable to the (victim/) first person's benefit or interest.
- v. To cheat, especially a friend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dance the skank
- n. a rhythmic dance to reggae music performed by bending forward and extending the hands while bending the knees
- n. any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant
July 7th, 2009 7: 32 pm ET those 7 out of 10 repubs are the STUPID MACHINE that keeps this country at war with the rest of the world. the only other stupid skank is elisabeth hasselbeck, the blonde war monger from The View.
If a guy and a girl hook up with the same number of people, the girl is called a skank and the guy is just a guy.
We face an onslaught of skank every single day, she said, and this relentless onslaught of skank is teaching our daughters that their worth resides only in their bodies and in their willingness to skank it up with their peers.
I think everyone needs to just sit back and think about the state of the world when the word skank can cost millions and millions of dollars, grow up everyone.
But after anonymous blogger gave one model the title of "skank" - I never thought I'd be saying that on national television.
I pity the fool who calls her skank and tramp and trollop and slut.
In the same way that Souleymane is an emblem of the system's failure, the student who is called a skank haunts M.
Has the redesigned Strawberry Shortcake been called a skank?
Imagine your daughter running around sleeping with someone she stars dating, only to be referred to as a skank/slut/ho.
The new tabloid hero of New York is-for some reason-Liskula Cohen, the model famous primarily for being called a skank, online.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.