from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small sharks, chiefly of the family Squalidae, of Atlantic and Pacific coastal waters. Also called grayfish.
- n. See bowfin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various small sharks, especially those from the families Scyliorhinidae, Dalatiidae, and Squalidae.
- n. The bowfin, Amia calva.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small shark, of many species, of the genera Mustelus, Scyllium, Spinax, etc.
- n. The bowfin (Amia calva). See Bowfin.
- n. The burbot of Lake Erie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of various selachians and fishes belonging to widely distinct families.
- n. A name of the menobranchus or mud-puppy, Necturus maculatus, a batrachian reptile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. primitive long-bodied carnivorous freshwater fish with a very long dorsal fin; found in sluggish waters of North America
- n. any of several small sharks
From dog + fish. (Wiktionary)