Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who scours or cleans by rubbing or washing.
- n. A form of grain-cdeaner in which smut, dust, etc., are removed from the berry by a rubbing action.
- n. A drastic cathartic.
- n. One who runs with speed.
- n. One who scours or roams the streets by night; a rover, robber, or footpad; specifically, one of a band of young scamps who, in the latter half of the seventeenth century, roamed the streets of London and committed various kinds of mischief.
- n. A tool used to scour, usually used to clean cookwares.
- n. Agent noun of scour; a person who scours.
- n. obsolete A rover or footpad; a prowling robber.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, scours.
- n. A rover or footpad; a prowling robber.
- n. someone who cleanses by scouring
- n. someone who travels widely and energetically
“If you have seen it, please enjoy your smug sense of self-satisfaction, you diligent little internet-scourer, you.”
“Clean the Jerusalem artichoke with a scourer to remove any dirt from the skin.”
“I expect she will scourer old age homes, nurseries, burn units and orphanages to find deserving targets of her intellect and ah, wit.”
“He had to wash up the mugs, they were rotten, and found a scourer under the sink to clean them with.”
“To be brutally frank,' Bendall continued, 'if the Honourable Member for Marshwood truly wants to be helpful, he'd do far better by bringing round some bath scourer.”
“Figure II. 11 shows a simply made scourer for small volume production.”
“Figure II. 11 A simply made scourer for small volume production.”
“Pamela drops the scourer into the water with a splash.”
“The felting of the wool is one of the troubles of the wool-scourer and is often difficult to avoid, it is mostly brought about by excessive working of the wool during the process, and by the use of too high a temperature in the scouring bath.”
“The scouring process was therefore lessened, and was followed by brush machines, which brushed the dirt, loosened up and left by the scourer, from the berry.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘scourer’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for scourer.