from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large, usually metal receptacle for trash.
- n. Slang A depth charge.
- n. Slang A powerful cylindrical firecracker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A container for ashes, used in times past for accumulating ashes generated from wood and coal fires, for eventual disposal elsewhere. A dustbin.
- n. A kind of large firecracker.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Ashcan School of American art.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a bin that holds rubbish until it is collected.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. early 20th-century United States painting; portrays realistic and sordid scenes of city life
- n. a bin that holds rubbish until it is collected
ash + can (Wiktionary)