from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A teeming, swarming, or multiplying.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A germinating, or budding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of germinating or budding.
- n. Specifically, in botany, a mode of cell-multiplication in which a cell forms a slight protuberance on one side, which afterward increases to the size of the parent-cell, and is cut off from it by the formation of a dividing wall at the narrow point of junction: same as sprouting. This mode of multiplication is especially characteristic of the yeast-plant and its allies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. asexual reproduction in which a local growth on the surface or in the body of the parent becomes a separate individual
- n. a rapid and abundant increase
pullulate + -ion (Wiktionary)