American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The place where someone is born or where something originates.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The place of one's birth; the town, city, or country where a person is born; more generally, place of origin.
- n. The location where a person was born.
- n. by extension The location where something was created or devised.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The town, city, or country, where a person is born; place of origin or birth, in its more general sense.
- n. the place where someone was born
- n. where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence
“He adores the city, which he calls the birthplace of baseball.”
“Control of Kandahar, the Taliban movement's birthplace, is seen as key to reversing Taliban momentum in the war.”
“Considering her birthplace is only 60 miles from Canada?”
“The Knickerbocker often is described as the birthplace of the martini, though it isn't the only venue to claim that distinction.”
“While it may be true that Fairchild Semiconductor was the home of the “first silicon device and research manufacturing company in Silicon Valley”, the real birthplace is the garage where Bill Hewlett and David Packard launched their company in 1939.”
“Leonardo's birthplace is a small town surrounded by olive groves and rolling hills not very far from Florence.”
“(However, my grandfather's birthplace is not in Ukraine but in Belarus.)”
“Its birthplace is southern Veracruz, eastern Oaxaca, and northern Tabasco.”
“[His birthplace is now in Belarus; it's in the Ukraine, but not in Ukraine.]”
“In some places, my birthplace is listed as Calvert”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘birthplace’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A list of words containing five consecutive consonants
I do not include words containing "y" as part of the 5-letter string, since that letter invariably functions as a vowel, as in rhythm. <...
Words of 10 letters, all different, can be used for encrypting, pretty securely, such things as PINs and passwords. The fly in the ointment, for me, in keeping track of them is I've got to write '...
Looking for tweets for birthplace.