from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One's native land.
- n. The land of one's ancestors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The country of one's ancestors.
- n. The country of one's birth, origin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One's native land; the native land of one's fathers or ancestors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One's native country, or the land or country of one's fathers or ancestors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the country where you were born
Sorry, no etymologies found.