from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place where eggs, especially those of fish or poultry, are hatched.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A facility where eggs are hatched under artificial conditions, especially those of fish or poultry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A house for hatching fish, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place for hatching eggs; an arrangement for promoting the hatching of eggs, especially those of fish, by artificial appliances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a place where eggs are hatched under artificial conditions (especially fish eggs)
Sorry, no etymologies found.