from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A factory where fish, vegetables, or other foods are canned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A factory that produces canned goods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place where the business of canning fruit, meat, etc., is carried on.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An establishment for canning or preserving meat, fish, or fruit in cans or tins hermetically sealed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a factory where food is canned
Sorry, no etymologies found.