from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The area surrounding a barn, often enclosed by a fence.
- adj. Smutty; earthy: barnyard humor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The yard associated with or surrounding a barn.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a barnyard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A yard belonging to a barn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A yard surrounding or adjoining a barn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a yard adjoining a barn
Sorry, no etymologies found.