from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area surrounded by or adjacent to farm buildings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The area around a farm, excluding the fields.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The yard or inclosure attached to a barn, or the space inclosed by the farm buildings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The yard or inclosure surrounded by or connected with the farm-buildings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an area adjacent to farm buildings
farm + yard (Wiktionary)