from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A firm that slaughters, processes, and packs livestock into meat and meat products.
- n. A firm that processes and packs food products other than meat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A factory-like facility for the butchering of meat animals, processing the meat into smaller cuts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place where foodstuffs are processed and packed.
- n. A plant where livestock are slaughtered and processed and packed as meat products.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An establishment in which provisions, especially beef and pork, are packed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building where foodstuffs are processed and packed
- n. a plant where livestock are slaughtered and processed and packed as meat products
Sorry, no etymologies found.