from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An apparatus for smelting.
- n. An establishment for smelting.
- n. One who is engaged in the smelting industry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who or that which smelts:
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, smelts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is engaged in smelting, or who works in an establishment where ores are smelted.
- n. In the Cordilleran region, smelting-works.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an industrial plant for smelting
Sorry, no etymologies found.