from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An establishment for distilling, especially for distilling alcoholic liquors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where distillation takes place, especially the distillation of alcoholic spirits.
- n. A company that distills alcohol.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The building and works where distilling, esp. of alcoholic liquors, is carried on.
- n. The act of distilling spirits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or art of distilling.
- n. The building and works where distilling is carried on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plant and works where alcoholic drinks are made by distillation
distill + -ery (“place of”). (Wiktionary)