from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that distills, as a condenser.
- n. One that makes alcoholic liquors by the process of distillation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who distills, especially alcoholic spirits or hard liquor by a process of distillation; a person who owns, works in or operates a distillery.
- n. A device or apparatus that distills, a condenser; a still.
- n. A company whose business is distilling, especially one that manufactures alcoholic spirits or liquor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who distills; esp., one who extracts alcoholic liquors by distillation.
- n. The condenser of a distilling apparatus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which distils; one whose occupation is to extract spirit by distillation.
- n. An apparatus for distilling water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who distills alcoholic liquors
Sorry, no etymologies found.