from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of the verb, to spill; one who spills.
- n. A party who is liable for spillage, particularly of oil or waste, in a body of water.
- n. A square chamber that serves as the section of an industrial fishing net from which captured fish can easily be moved to a fishing boat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, spills.
- n. A kind of fishing line with many hooks; a boulter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who spills or sheds: as, a spiller of blood.
- n. A trawlline; a bultow.
- n. In the mackerel-fishery, a seine inserted into a larger seine to take out the fish, as over a rocky bottom where the larger seine cannot be hauled ashore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an attacker who sheds or spills blood
- n. a long fishing line with many shorter lines and hooks attached to it (usually suspended between buoys)
Sorry, no etymologies found.