Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who spills or sheds: as, a spiller of blood.
- n. A trawlline; a bultow.
- n. In the mackerel-fishery, a seine inserted into a larger seine to take out the fish, as over a rocky bottom where the larger seine cannot be hauled ashore.
- n. Agent noun of the verb, to spill; one who spills.
- n. law A party who is liable for spillage, particularly of oil or waste, in a body of water.
- n. A square chamber that serves as the section of an industrial fishing net from which captured fish can easily be moved to a fishing boat.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, spills.
- n. A kind of fishing line with many hooks; a boulter.
- n. an attacker who sheds or spills blood
- n. a long fishing line with many shorter lines and hooks attached to it (usually suspended between buoys)
“Boy, do you have a lot catching up (and crying) to do =/the spiller ameron just gave away what the sequel is about in a press conference to scientists - The navi look so human because the human race created them and populated pandora with them.”
“He was just some guy who was taking care of her at the time, not the seed spiller, and the only reason I called him dad was because he asked and he was nice about it.”
“This is what brings the rats out: one gut spiller can bring down 10, all of whom will rush to spill their own.”
“It's fine for crossing a shal does anyone know of any cartridge versions or conversions of the spiller and burr revolver?”
“Basically, if you have the data to show that this person or these people got sick because of this exposure the the spiller is actually required to do this long term medial surveillance and help the people, pay for the people to get better.”
“While the U.S. tries to cope with the huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and wrangles with the spiller, British Petroleum, over the cost of clean-up and damage restitution, such environmental horrors are a long-running story in Nigeria.”
“Never again should the spiller be in charge of a major spill" response, the report said.”
“Remember: When the spiller declares victory over the oil, it's time to raise hell.”
“It mandated a paradigm by which the responsible party or the spiller would be held accountable.”
“Now all it needswell maybe needs is a low container or basket with a few short flowers and a spiller or two.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spiller’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A broad list of words and phrases describing schemes and devices, from ancient to modern, that humans have devised to catch or harvest our underwater friends.
Fishing nets and gear, and the people and craft that employ them.
Looking for tweets for spiller.