from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that chills.
- n. A frightening story, especially one involving violence, evil, or the supernatural; a thriller.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that chills, especially a machine that produces cold air, either for air conditioning, to prepare chilled foods etc.
- n. A frightening dramatic work, such as a book or film
- adj. comparative form of chill: more chill
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which chills.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excitation that makes your hair stand up or that chills your bones
to chill + -er (Wiktionary)