from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sequence of photographs projected onto a screen with sufficient rapidity as to create the illusion of motion and continuity.
- n. A connected cinematic narrative represented in this form.
- n. A showing of a movie. Often used in the plural: During the movie, the person in front of me kept talking. Would you like to go to the movies tonight?
- n. The movie industry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A motion picture.
- n. A cinema.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A motion picture.
- n. A motion picture show; the event of showing a motion picture. In the pl., the event of showing a motion picture at a movie theater.
- n. The motion picture industry or medium, generally.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
We had a fantastic morning of special projects and a movie... with one small glitch between the project and the movie* everyone has been in a great mood, having fun and well behaved if kids are happy they behave -- did you all know that?
You can still sell movie adaptations to a limited extent, by getting it out before the movie* or releasing it in that brief** months-long window between the movie's theatrical run and its DVD release.
Haha love this movie Chadda zulfein jhatakna bhool jaoge 1 #movie where I like sunny deol
I typed in vlc and there it was, so I selected my movie like this: vlc movies / legally \obtained \movie / movie. avi and that works just fine; VLC pops up and starts playing movie. avi, and I also found out that you could start VLC without an interface if you type in cvlc so that's cool.
I either would like a TOTALLY UNKNOWN, or Tom Felton - he seems pretty cool, and would fit the part. hehe Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 03: 29 PM EST wow. please dont put those gay cookie cutter disney stars. dakota is a good actress. the twilight movie is jampacked full of great actors and actresses. putting LUCAS GRAEBEL IN? what the heck that ruins the whole movie~ put in someone that nows how to act - and not like a gay guy with a spoiled sister
'you've got beer dripping from your chin ..' movie New in Town now watching #movie
In the movie file, show one add for an upcoming movie, then show the credit card details and user account information for about 5 seconds. "this copy of $movie is licenced to $name
All that said and done … I think this movie is another pure example of a poorly adapted movie from a book.
The freakin 'movie is called "Hot Tub Time Machine" what the hell did you expect??!
This movie is nothing like Outpost or Zombie Lake or whatever low-budget movie from the 80's.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.