American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A television or movie dramatization of events based on fact.
- n. A type of drama (a film, a television show, or a play) that combines elements of documentary and drama, to some extent showing real events and to some extent using actors performing recreations of documented events.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a film or TV program presenting the facts about a person or event.
- n. a film or TV program presenting the facts about a person or event
- Blend of documentary and drama (Wiktionary)
- docu(mentary) + drama. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Democrats urge ABC to withdraw 9 / 11 movie because its classified as a docudrama based on the”
“Despite what you may see in this weekend's ABC 'docudrama' - "The Road to 9/11", the attacks on September 11th happened on George W. Bush's watch!”
“I was at first a bit put off by this puppeteering of some of the great thinkers of the 20th century, until I realized that if it had been a film-even a "docudrama" - it would have bothered me less.”
“The reality is that we're not naive as viewers as to believe that what we see in a docudrama is the entire truth.”
“Please do no show this so-called docudrama, it is nothing but propaganda.”
“Calling the docudrama, which is based on the Kean-Hamilton 9/11 Commission's report as well as other sources, "fiction," the Clintonites want it re-edited to tone down its criticism of the former president - or, better still, yanked entirely.”
“At best, a docudrama is a dramatized i.e., not actual version of events meant to get people to watch.”
“ABC so called docudrama is a shameless cheap attempt at shifting the blame from the evil Bush administration to the Democrates through Clinton.”
“Even a former Bush and Clinton counterrorism official, Roger Cressey, called the docudrama “shameful.””
“Sidlin, the former dean and still a faculty member at the School of Music of the Catholic University of America, came up with the idea for a hybrid performance called "The Defiant Requiem," a kind of docudrama interspersing movements of Verdi's masterwork with readings, spoken dialogue, and film footage.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘docudrama’.
words ending in
film / art visual styles, genres. technical or otherwise.
(art, style, genre, storytelling, visual, communication, technique, randomness)
Words gleaned from the works of Jasper Fforde.
the big over easy, nursery crime div..., mary mary, dci friedland chymes, amazing crime sto..., the mystery of th..., the poisoned shoe, the sign of three..., inspector moose, detective inspect..., clear-up rate, sleuth illustrated and 796 more...
Film genres. Also see film--1 by bradleyrturner.
Looking for tweets for docudrama.