from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various grasses of the genus Bouteloua of western North America and South America, forming dense tufts or mats and often used as pasturage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a type of grass, Bouteloua oligostachya
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name for various grasses: always used with a qualifying word.
- n. The bristly mesquit, Bouteloua hirsuta, and the woolly-foot, B. eriopoda.
- n. One of the blow-out grasses, Muhlenbergia pungens. See blow-out. Also called grama china.
- n. Same as curly mesquit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America
American Spanish, from Spanish, Bermuda grass, quitch grass, from Latin grāmen, grāmin-, grass.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)