from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the stage, stage scenery, or theatrical representation: scenic design.
- adj. Constituting or affording pleasing views of natural features: climbed a hill for a scenic panorama of the valley; a scenic drive along the crater rim.
- n. A depiction of natural scenery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having beautiful scenery; picturesque
- n. a depiction of scenery
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to scenery; of the nature of scenery; theatrical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the stage; dramatic; theatrical: as, the scenic poets; scenic games.
- Of or pertaining to the landscape or natural scenery; abounding in fine scenery or landscape views: as, the scenic attractions of a place; a scenic route of travel.
- Pertaining to pictorial design; of such nature as to tell a story or convey ideas through intelligible rendering of figures or other objects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of locations; having beautiful natural scenery
- adj. of or relating to the stage or stage scenery
My family has owned a place in "scenic" Fortescue for the last 50 years, and I spent many a summer stepping over those nasty things walking along the bay beach looking for arrowheads.
Located in scenic Santa Maria de Guido, just minutes from modern shopping centers, Centro Historico, yet still with a small-town feel.
Eros Entertainment The film is shot in scenic foreign locations including San Francisco and Las Vegas.
It's funny, because so many spawning stripers come out of the Hudson River and migrate north and south, there is a good chance the striper you caught in scenic Montauk or South Jersey spent some serious time in the Big Apple.
Once upon a time, I was a camp counselor in scenic New Hampshire, where I taught swimming.
I was made for you, plays as such vehicles appear in scenic settings.
(CBS) At the annual holiday parade in scenic Shawano, Wisc., for the first time someone was missing this year.
Here in scenic Mitchieville, The War Against Fat is being won by two courageous activists, Lord Hades and Lady Persephone.
Inspired by a seminar presented at the Fenris Badwulf School of Telemarketing Excellence, I have implemented a pre-Global Warming work environment for one of the Badwulf family owned businesses located in scenic Erin, Ontario.
Yesterday they started drilling and hacking at the concrete downstairs in the thing they call a scenic garden.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.