American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having, showing, or being in keeping with good taste.
- adj. Pleasing in flavor; tasty.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having an agreeable taste; savory.
- Capable of discerning and enjoying what is suitable, beautiful, excellent, noble, or refined; possessing good taste.
- Characterized by the influence of good taste; produced, constructed, arranged, or regulated in accordance with good taste; elegant.
- adj. having or exhibiting good taste; aesthetically pleasing or conforming to expectations or ideals of what is appropriate
- adj. Having a high relish; savoury.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having a high relish; savory.
- adj. Having or exhibiting good taste; in accordance with good taste; tasty.
- adj. having or showing or conforming to good taste
- adj. free from what is tawdry or unbecoming
- taste + -ful (Wiktionary)
“Countertenor Mynenko in tasteful recital by Stephen Brookes”
“Ms. Gandhi's dressing room and living room, in tasteful '50s modernism, are also visible, along with the adult bedroom she lined with book shelves holding thousands of tomes on history and politics.”
“Baton Rouge is already sober ... pathetically so, e.g., as you arrive from the east via I-10, you're greeted by three enormous crosses, constructed, as best I can tell, from solid steel I-beams, painted in tasteful white, proclaiming you've reached Bethany Worship Center/Metal Building Church/Holy Roller East Campus, directly across the highway from ... the Super Wal-Mart/Sam's Club outlet mall.”
“Every photograph shows him in tasteful surroundings, impeccably dressed and groomed, with never a hint of the chronic pain that resulted from a riding accident in 1937.”
“Butcher emphasized Monday it will be "tasteful" - no tobacco products and no racy material.”
“Can’t believe I just used the word tasteful, on Regretsy, without irony.”
“It is the work of a highly accomplished pictorial technician whose signature style of painterly stripes and rectangles is yet another example of what is best described as tasteful modernism.”
“Messy's use of it surprisingly tasteful, which is something I never thought I would write.”
“I suppose you made it black-n-white to make it look 'tasteful' (pun not intended but appreciated nonetheless).”
“The big scene was actually far more 'tasteful' than I was expecting.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tasteful’.
Words that relate to learning, knowing, being enlightened...
Words ending with -ful
eyeful, I-ful, i beamful, eifel
Looking for tweets for tasteful.