from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a painter; artistic.
- adj. Having qualities unique to the art of painting.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a style of painting marked by openness of form, with shapes distinguished by variations of color rather than by outline or contour.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characteristic of a painter or paintings.
- adj. Having clear brush-strokes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a painter's work.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a painter. Sir P. Sidney, Arcadia, i.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having qualities unique to the art of painting
Sorry, no etymologies found.