from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or used as a preposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a preposition.
- adj. Of the prepositional case.
- n. The prepositional case.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a preposition; of the nature of a preposition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having the nature or function of a preposition: as, the prepositional use of a word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or formed with a preposition
From Latin a setting before, a preposition (grammar), a calque of Ancient Greek πρόθεσις (prothesis, "a setting before, preposition (grammar)") + -al (Wiktionary)