from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving, designed, or tending to terminate; conclusive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to the termination of something
- adj. of, or relating to the terminative case
- n. the terminative case
- n. a word in the terminative case
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending or serving to terminate; terminating; determining; definitive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In grammar, noting direction toward, as a case.
- Tending or serving to terminate; definitive; absolute; not relative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. coming to an end
Sorry, no etymologies found.