from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or functioning as a pronoun.
- adj. Resembling a pronoun, as by specifying a person, place, or thing, while functioning primarily as another part of speech. His in his choice is a pronominal adjective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, resembling, or functioning as of a pronoun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to, or partaking of the nature of, a pronoun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to or of the nature of a pronoun: as, a pronominal root.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a phrase that functions as a pronoun
- adj. relating to pronouns
Late Latin prōnōminālis, from Latin prōnōmen, prōnōmin-, pronoun; see pronoun.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin pronominalis, from Latin pronomin-, pronomen. (Wiktionary)