from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, consisting of, or formed with a participle.
- n. A participle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or being a participle
- n. a participle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having, or partaking of, the nature and use of a participle; formed from a participle.
- n. A participial word.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the nature and use of a participle.
- Formed from or consisting of a participle: as, a participial noun; a participial adjective.
- n. A word formed from a ver's, and sharing the verbal with the noun or adjective construction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or consisting of participles
- n. a non-finite form of the verb; in English it is used adjectivally and to form compound tenses
Latin participiālis, from participium, participle; see participle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin participiālis, from participium ("participle"). (Wiktionary)