from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or produced in cultivation: a cultivated plant.
- adj. Educated; polished; refined.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of cultivate.
- adj. cultured, refined, educated
- adj. grown by cultivation (not wild)
- adj. farmed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. marked by refinement in taste and manners.
- adj. used for raising crops; -- of land or soil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Produced by or subjected to cultivation; specifically, cultured; refined; educated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. no longer in the natural state; developed by human care and for human use
- adj. marked by refinement in taste and manners
- adj. (of land or fields) prepared for raising crops by plowing or fertilizing
Sorry, no etymologies found.