from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of good upbringing; well-mannered and refined.
- adj. Of good breed. Used of animals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. well-mannered and refined because of a good upbringing and education
- adj. of good breed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Well brought up, as shown in having good manners; cultivated; refined; polite.
- adj. Having good breeding; refined in manners; polite; cultivated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of good breeding; polite; cultivated; refined.
- Of good breed, stock, or race, as a domestic animal. Compare half-bred, thoroughbred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of good upbringing
Sorry, no etymologies found.