from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Smoothly agreeable and courteous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Charming, confident and elegant.
- n. Sweet talk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sweet; pleasant; delightful; gracious or agreeable in manner; bland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Soothingly agreeable; pleasant; mollifying; bland: used of persons or things: as, a suave diplomatist; suave politeness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication
- adj. having a sophisticated charm
French, agreeable, from Old French, from Latin suāvis, delightful, sweet; see swād- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin suāvis ("sweet"). (Wiktionary)