from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending or having the power to persuade: a persuasive argument.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. able to persuade; convincing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to persuade; having the power of persuading.
- n. That which persuades; an inducement; an incitement; an exhortation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the power of persuading; tending to influence or win over the mind or will: as, persuasive eloquence; persuasive glances.
- Synonyms Cogent, weighty,winning, moving. See convince.
- n. That which persuades; an exhortation, incentive, or incitement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. intended or having the power to induce action or belief
From Medieval Latin persuasivus, from Latin past participle stem of persuadere + -ivus (Wiktionary)