from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing abrasion: scratched the stovetop with an abrasive cleanser.
- adj. Harsh and rough in manner: an unpleasant, abrasive personality.
- n. A substance that abrades.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Rock fragments, sand grains, mineral particles, used by water, wind, and ice to abrade a land surface.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing abrasion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to produce abrasion; having the property of abrading; abradant.
- n. Any material having abrading qualities; an abradant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing abrasion
- n. a substance that abrades or wears down
- adj. sharply disagreeable; rigorous
abrase + -ive (Wiktionary)