from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. raspy
- v. Present participle of rasp.
- n. A rasping sound
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A particle rasped off from a body or mass of matter. Compare filing, 2.
- Characterized by grating or scraping: as, a rasping sound; hence, irritating; exasperating.
- In hunting, said of a fence difficult to take.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. uttering in an irritated tone
- adj. unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
Sorry, no etymologies found.