from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing erosion: the erosive effect of ocean waves on the shoreline.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to erosion
- adj. causing or tending to cause erosion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That erodes or gradually eats away; tending to erode; corrosive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the property of eating away or corroding; corrosive.
- Wearing away; acting by erosion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wearing away by friction
- adj. of a substance, especially a strong acid; capable of destroying or eating away by chemical action
Sorry, no etymologies found.